The Social Law Library and Massachusetts Guardianship Association
A Fresh Look at Guardianships, Conservatorships, Commitments and End of Life Care
DATES & TIMES:
DAY 1 WEBINAR - Thursday, September 22, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – Noon
DAY 2 WEBINAR - Thursday, September 29, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – Noon
$155 to attend both sessions. $95 to attend one day.
MGA members will receive a coupon code to get a $25 discount off either of these prices. For information on joining MGA visit: http://www.massguardianshipassociation.org/membership/
CPCS has approved 2.0 CLE credit hours for the CAFL panel for each day – and the MHLD panel has approved 2.0 credits for Day One, and 3.0 credits for Day Two.
Day 1 Webinar: Thursday, September 22, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – Noon
- Opening Remarks by Chief Justice John Casey, Probate and Family Court Division
- DCF involvement in Guardianships of Minor cases – How, When, Why and Which Court?
Hon. Kathleen A. Sandman, First Justice, Franklin Probate and Family Court
Hon. Carol A. Shaw, Justice, Juvenile Court
Karen Eaton, Esq., Department of Children and Families
Frances Weiner, Esq., CAFL
- Conservatorships: Hot Topics
- Hon. Edward Donnelly, Fiduciary Litigation Session
- Christina T. Vidoli, Esq., Vidoli Couture, LLP
- Melissa A. Howitt, Esq., Doherty, Dugan, Cannon, Raymond & Weil, P.C.
- Rebecca Amaral, Professional Conservator, Amaral Associates
Day 2 Webinar: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – Noon
- Keynote Address by Evelyn Patsos, Esq., Office of Adult Guardianship & Conservatorship Oversight
- Commitments and Discharge – Where do we go now?
- Gregory P. Teran, Esq., CPCS
- Jane Crosby, Esq., Legal Counsel, Vibra Hospital of Western Massachusetts
- Case Manager/Discharge planner (TBA)
- Navigating End of Life Care for Persons Under Guardianship
Judge, Probate and Family Court (TBA)
- Ellen M. DiPaola, JD, President & CEO, Honoring Choices Massachusetts
- Karen Talley, Director of Appeals, CPCS Mental Health Litigation
- Lisa Killips, Nurse Practitioner, APRN, FNP-BC
Online registration is encouraged. For assistance, questions on group discounts, accommodations requests, special billing, program content, out-of-state CLE credits, and general CLE information contact Michael Saporito by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations accepted in order of receipt. Registration fees are non-refundable. Most Social Law Library CLE events are recorded. The recording is available by digital download, generally within a week after the program date. Most downloads include print material and are $19.95 each. This product purchase is separate from CLE registration and is not included in the price of a CLE registration. CLE credit, when applicable, is only granted when the live webinar is attended.