MGA and SLL ANNUAL GUARDIANSHIP CONFERENCE WEBINAR “In the Year 2020: Challenges, Obstacles and Opportunities in Guardianship”
DATES & TIMES:
September 17 & September 24, 2020 from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
$125 to attend both sessions. $75 to attend one day.
MGA members will receive a coupon code to get a $25 discount off either of these prices. For information on joining MGA visit: http://www.massguardianshipassociation.org/membership/
CPCS approved for 3.0 hours of CLE credits per each day for the Mental Health Litigation Panels. The Adult Criminal Trials has approved 1.5 credit hours per each day. To receive credits attendees must be logged on during the program for a minimum of 80% of the conference time. Certificates will be emailed to all attendees who were logged onto the program for at least 80% of the program time.
Day 1 Webinar: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Opening Remarks by Chief Justice John Casey, Chief Justice of the Probate and Family Court Division
- Acquired Brain Injury and Substance Use Disorder: The impact of co-occurrence – challenges, realities and resources for individuals with a traumatic or acquired brain injury and substance use disorders.
- Agency Resources: How DMH, DDS and MassHealth impact clients under guardianship and tips to overcome obstacles within each agency
Day 2 Webinar: Thursday, September 24, 2020, 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Keynote Address by Sandy Hovey, CCM, Executive Director of Public Guardian Services
- Commitments and Guardianship: Navigating the challenges of the civil commitment process and how it differs from guardianship clinically and procedurally
- Nursing Home Response to COVID-19: Advanced directive expansions with the Probate Court in the midst of the pandemic - Challenges and Triumphs.
Online registration is encouraged. For assistance, questions on group discounts, accommodations requests, special billing, program content, out-of-state CLE credits, and general CLE information contact Michael Saporito by email at email@example.com. Registrations accepted in order of receipt. Registration fees are non-refundable. Most Social Law Library CLE events are recorded. The recording is available by digital download, generally within a week after the program date. Most downloads include print material and are $19.95 each. This product purchase is separate from CLE registration and is not included in the price of a CLE registration. CLE credit, when applicable, is only granted when the live webinar is attended.