Day 2: Post-Nuptial and Holding an Impacted Marriage Together
Date & Time: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 – 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm ET
REGISTER FOR DAY 2
- Postnuptial agreements can be used to save a marriage that is pressured by a spouse’s addiction, mental health, gambling, gifting, debt exposure, recklessness and extramarital conduct.
- By shifting assets in accordance with the terms of a prenuptial agreement, spouses can remove certain pressure points from the marriage and work to stay together.
- Postnuptial agreements are reviewed by the Court with a heightened standard due to the propensity of these agreements to be tainted by claims of coercion and duress. Certain proactive steps can and should be taken to bolster the enforceability of postnuptial agreements.
- Lisa M. Cukier, Esq., Partner,Burns & Levinson
Hon. Randy Kaplan, Probate & Family Court (Ret.)
- Norman Jacobs, Esq., Esdaile, Barrett, Jacobs & Mone
- Katie Dalton, Esq., Burns & Levinson LLP