Date & Time: Wednesday, November 29, 2023 from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
Webinar Fee: $65
This Program is Online Only
Lisa Cukier, Esq., Chair, Fiduciary Litigation, Co-Chair, Private Client, Burns & Levinson
Patricia Shumaker, Esq., Burns & Levinson
Peter Herbst, Jr., Esq., Herbst Law Group
Elizabeth King, Esq., Managing Partner, Brown Brothers Harriman
Jocelyn Margolin Borowsky, Esq., Partner, Duane Morris
Learn the keys to the new Massachusetts Estate Tax Exemption and the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA). The faculty will review the basics of the new law, what you should understand before your next client meeting, what you should master before your next estate tax return and what you need to do to stay in compliance with CTA.
Topics to be covered:
An Act to Improve the Commonwealth’s Competitiveness, Affordability, and Equity
- How the Act Changes Massachusetts Estate Tax – Key Provisions
- Retroactive Application of the New Estate Tax Exemption and the Roadmap to Refunds
- New Approach to Calculating Estate Tax Eliminates “Cliff Effect”
- Non-Resident Estate Taxes
- Communicating Changes to Clients
Corporate Transparency Act (CTA) & Common Law Trusts:
Online registration is encouraged. For assistance, questions on group discounts, accommodations requests, special billing, program content, out-of-state CLE credits, and general CLE information contact Michael Saporito by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Registrations accepted in order of receipt. Registration fees are non-refundable. Most Social Law Library CLE events are recorded. The recording is available by digital download, generally within a week after the program date. People registered for the program will receive the video recording and materials. CLE credit, when applicable, is only granted when the live webinar is attended.
- What is the purpose of CTA?
- How does it work?
- Which companies are subject to CTA?
- How does this affect Trustees and Estate Planners?
- When is it effective?
- How is information reported to FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network)?