SOCIAL LAW LIBRARY
REOPENING PLAN & COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Effective Monday, July 12, 2021
Effective Monday, July 12, 2021, the Social Law Library will return to more normal operations for Members who may wish to conduct routine research in the Library. As itemized below, the Library’s revised operating procedures for Members are in accord with the Supreme Judicial Court’s recent orders that make it easier to enter Massachusetts Courthouses and begin resuming pre-pandemic, “in-person business.” See press release and linked orders: https://www.mass.gov/news/supreme-judicial-court-issues-new-orders-regarding-court-operations-and-access-to-courthouses
Members wishing to enter the John Adams Courthouse to conduct research in the Library should note the following:
• Members may conduct research in the Library Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All traditional reference and research services will be available to Members.
• Although an appointment to use the Library is no longer required, all Members must pass through the security screening at the entrance of the Courthouse to visit the Library.
• All Members must wear face masks while they are in the public spaces of the courthouse, whether they have been vaccinated or not.
• Members using the Library must wear masks except when seated at their desks, which are socially distanced.
• Materials can still be picked up or shipped to Members.
For more information, please contact Circulation at 617-226-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Attorneys can also be reached directly by emailing email@example.com or calling 617-226-1520.