Friday, November 1, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Social Law Library, Boston, MA
Program Only: $150 Program with Lunch: $170
Co-Sponsored by the Social Law Library and the Flaschner Judicial Institute
CPCS approved for 6.0 hours of CLE credit for the Post-Conviction and YAD panels.
• Superior Court Judge Linda E. Giles, Program Chair
• Superior Court Judge Kenneth J. Fishman
• Superior Court Judge Peter B. Krupp
• Superior Court Judge Jeffrey A. Locke
• Christopher W. Kelly, Director, Digital EvidenceLaboratory, Attorney General’s Office
• ADA Mark T. Lee, Deputy Chief, Homicide Unit,Suffolk County DA’s Office
• ADA Adrienne C. Lynch, Chief, Homicide &Unsolved Homicide, Middlesex County DA’s Office
• ADA Kate B. MacDougall, Chief, Family Crimesand Sexual Assault Unit, Essex District Attorney’sOffice
• Attorney Rosemary C. Scapicchio, Boston
• Attorney Robert L. Sheketoff, Boston
• Attorney James L. Sultan, Rankin & Sultan, Boston
• Attorney Larry R. Tipton, Tipton Law, Norwood
“Latest Complex Issues in Murder Cases” will focus on the most difficult areas of a murder trial, with comprehensive analysis from all perspectives. You will gain powerful, timely insights from leading practitioners, both prosecutors and defense attorneys, and a forensic expert regarding how to tackle these problematic issues. Judicial commentary and reflection from four veteran Superior Court judges will give you an inside look at how judges view these demanding aspects of a murder trial.
This program is critical for judges, prosecutors, defense lawyers, homicide investigators, and forensic experts. The following areas will be covered through presentation, discussion, and demonstrations:
• Bail; Pretrial Discovery, Motions in Limine
• Jury Issues
• Digital Evidence
• Emerging Issues in Expert Testimony
Attend this program to stay on top of changes, trends, and the law. Ample time will be allotted for participants to ask questions of the experts.
Produced by C.W. Consulting Co.
Online registration is encouraged. For questions on group discounts, special billing, program content, out-of-state CLE credits, and general CLE information call Michael Saporito at 617-226-1343. Space is limited. Registrations accepted in order of receipt. Same day registrations are $5.00 extra. Registration fees are non-refundable. Registrants for this program acknowledge that during the program their photographic or videographic images may be incidentally taken; registrants agree that the submission of their registrations for this program constitutes their written consent to the Social Law Library’s use of any such image in print and online materials solely for promotion of the Library’s noncommercial CLE seminars and other educational events and activities.